Tuesday, October 28, 2008
"Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who?
You SHOULD Be Worrying About
the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!" - Fred and George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Monday, October 27, 2008
This picture is of Myself (right) and my sister (left). We were bored one day and were playing around on Photo Booth. Gotta love Macs. :) I was attempting to bite her and we were laughing too hard that it didn't work well.
Only 8 more days until the Election! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
“If it's not fun, you're not doing it right." - Bob Basso
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.
Its so far away but my brother and I are so ecstatic! Anyway, here is the first trailer. ENJOY! :)
"Live life 1/4 mile at a time." -Fast and the Furious
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Give it to me
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Make Damn Sure
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Time of the Season
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Whatever you like (gotta love T.I.)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
It's not my Time
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
9. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
15. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
16. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
The Next Episode (ft. Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre, hahaha)
17. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
18. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Given Up (yeah Linkin Park!)
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
21. WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
22. HOW WILL YOU DIE?
You're Not Alone
23. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
24. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
One Love/People Get Ready (oh my Bob Marley)
25. WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
26. WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
27. WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
28. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
29. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
30. WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
31. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Bye Bye Baby (gotta love Marilyn Monroe)
I tag Tim, Mom, Beth, Whit, and Lindsay! :) Have fun!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
On a lighter note, I'm going to be an Election Poll Worker on November 4th! I am so excited! Its a wonderful opportunity and I really want that experience. I just wish I could wear my Obama pin. :) Its going to be a really LONG day but I'm excited to help out!
I'm also excited its going to be Halloween soon! I'm going to carve my pumpkin with an Obama face stencil. My sister is thinking about carving hers' into either Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton. We're pretty political and I'm so happy that we are. I think its really important to be actively participating in politics. There are incredible issues in this world that need to be improved. I'm obviously voting for Obama and Biden, but I'm also voting on the local issues! The local issues are essential too. I'm voting for Bob Springmeyer! I think he's amazing! If you don't know who he is and you're a Utahn, you need to look him up!
I was really annoyed last night when I received 3 smear emails from a friend about Obama. The information in these emails are completely untrue and I really wish people would do their own research and get the facts. This really upset me because there are so many people in this world that want to spread these rumors about candidates. The people who send these out must think the American people aren't able to think for themselves, and sometimes that's true. I really just hope that we can overcome things like that. We're not stupid, we can research ourself and get information from valid sources. It also bothered me because a few days ago, his best friend had messaged me and asked me, "You know your vote doesn't count, right?" and that really set me off. Anyone who thinks their vote doesn't count is wrong. If everyone thought that way, and they didn't vote, nothing would change. I don't get people.
I'd like to add that I'm so glad my sister invited me to join TwentySomethingBloggers. I've made some friends on there including this girl, Ashley, whose blog I really enjoy. She said something on one of her posts that I loved and completely agree with.
"My liberal politics are not separate from my Christian faith; they are motivated by my Christian faith."One last thing, I find it odd how the LDS Church is getting involved with Proposition 8 in California. My friend, Holly had informed me that there is this group on Facebook for Proposition 8 and they want everyone to fast for this cause. We both think this is not a reason to fast for. I think the group is ridiculous.
I think that is all for today. I'm excited to work at an Election Center on Nov. 4th! YAY! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week. This title was inspired by the song by T.I.
"We must not believe the many, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say that only the educated are free." - Epictetus
“America's story is one of expanding opportunity and suffrage, and one of our fundamental principles is that every eligible citizen is entitled to cast his or her vote and have that vote counted,” - Donna Brazile
I really like Donna Brazile. She's amazing. My sister posted a blog about her, here. She made this awesome speech about Racism, you should definitely watch it.
Monday, October 6, 2008
I got these from Better Homes & Garden, click here.
"Men say that in this midnight hour,
The disembodièd have power
To wander as it liketh them,
By wizard oak and fairy stream."
Thursday, October 2, 2008
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
1. I love to draw and paint, it helps me escape & relax
2. I could spend everyday in an art museum
3. I am a natural born speller
4. I don't know why, but I have this photographic memory of words
5. I know the difference between your and you're
6. And their, they're, there, I get frustrated when they're used wrong
7. I am a big Animal Rights Activist
8. Did you know there are only about 375 Beluga whales left, and they're NOT on the Endangered Species List?!?
9. Reading is my other escape
10. Traveling is a luxury I have to have
11. I love cheesecake and brownies
12. I don't drink brown liquids
13. I prefer Ruby Red Squirt, please
14. I get annoyed easily by Republicans
15. Especially those that kill animals for fun (Sarah Palin)
16. I don't like to sit on "the end" at places, but I am getting better
17. My favorite old-time actors are: James Dean & Marilyn Monroe
18. But how I love me some Johnny Depp
19. Tigers are my favorite animal (only about 4,000 are left in the wild)
20. Nikki, Timmy, and I all quote movies (Disney too) all the time
21. We even sing a few notes to our favorite tunes
22. Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band
23. I have so many favorite books, music, and movies
24. I like to be very organized
25. I love looking at old pictures
26. I enjoy taking pictures with my camera
27. I can curl my tongue 3 different ways
28. I dye my hair quite often
29. I'm trying not to, its been about 7-8 months since the last time
30. I used to watch Animal Planet everyday after school (Elem.)
31. My sister and I would record ourselves when we were little
32. On her stereo, its pretty funny to go back and listen to
33. I was once on Radio Disney and sang "Sugar and Spice"
34. I think I've only cried a couple of times while watching movies
35. But I do get really close to crying in the real sad ones
36. I love my car, and that its a stick-shift
37. I really don't like driving automatics anymore
38. I really want a hybrid though
39. I love pink and yellow roses
40. And lilies and hibiscus
41. I want to experience a lot of places
42. But I really want to explore Africa - a safari would be amazing
43. And Antarctica... BRR!!!
44. I love to fish but hate to eat fish
45. My right foot is smaller than my left foot
46. I am a Democrat and loving it, if you didn't know that already!
47. I love puppies and kittens, or ya know, any animal.. almost
48. My favorite food is spaghetti.. mmm mmm
49. I could eat Mexican food for every meal
50. Especially with MY homemade salsa
51. I love the TV show, Supernatural
52. My favorite movie genre is action or something that makes you think
53. Such as The Recruit, The Matrix Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, etc.
54. I like to learn about history, ie: Ancient Egyptians
55. I'm really not sure what I want to major in anymore
56. I like polka dots, a lot, ever since I was a kid
57. I love wearing high heels, they are the best! buy me some?
58. I love lists!
59. I really love to go swimming
60. AND I LOVE THE BEACH!
61. My friends and I used to go rollerblading at Classic ALL THE TIME in Elem.
62. My cell phone battery is going to die soon
63. I danced and played basketball
65. I'm competitive with card and board games too
66. I love making people laugh
67. I like to write, although I don't think I'm any good
68. I adore the Disney movie, The Lion King, it is my all-time favorite
69. None of that Lion King 2 or Lion King 1 1/2 crap
70. I love looking at the sky for many reasons
71. Sunsets, Sunrises, clouds, rain, rainbows, the Moon
72. I loved Care Bears and My Little Pony, oh and The Swan Princess
73. I also loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers
74. I love the Mountains and camping
75. I need to go paint my latest sketch
76. I really love Bob Marley... "Easy skankin'.. taking it easy.. taking it slow.."
77. I like to find quotes that inspire me and hope they inspire others
78. I love New York and would love to go there again soon
79. I know French and ASL and some German and Spanish
80. I would love to learn as many languages as I can
81. I'm LDS but not really active
82. Probably because I don't like my ward
83. In 6th grade, I was part of a karaoke talent show at Elem.
84. "Men in Black" was sung by myself, Whitney Neilson, Morgan Estep, Nikko Kelaidis, and Lexie Gardner
85. My favorite rides at Disneyland are Space Mountain and Splash Mountain
86. I have a couple of blog ideas for future use.. on a list
87. I don't know how to ski or snowboard
88. I wanted to learn at one point, but didn't
89. I hate spiders but I think snakes are cool
90. I've rode on an elephant before
91. I've never broken a bone
92. This last August was the first time I've ever had stitches: for my Wisdom Tooth (I only had one!)
93. There was only one other time where I ALMOST had to have stitches, but didn't
94. I really hate hospitals
95. I write snail mail to one of my friends that lives in Florida
96. I wish I had a cooler accent
97. I think my favorite accents are Australian and Jamaican. Or African.
98. My favorite colors are red and orange.
99. Proud Member of the Raider Nation
100. Didn't realize how late it was until now :/
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -E. E. Cummings