Monday, November 8, 2010

Banter

I've been told that I need to blog again.. I don't see the appeal anymore. I don't have much to say. When I do, I tweet about it, for the most part. I'm really not one of those people that lays everything out on the table for everyone to read. I'm a private person when it comes to the drama. Usually.

I'll give a short update..

I'm still living at home. I can't wait to get a permanent job that pays well so I can finally move out on my own again. It gives me such freedom. I am thankful I have my parents I can stay with and have a roof over my head, I am. I just love living on my own, I feel more like an adult that way I guess. I've been having interviews (while working a temp job) but no bites yet. I'm still going to school.. I've been looking at transferring though.. I don't know what I want to do. I'm always changing my mind and that's why its taking me so long to graduate or get anywhere. I was working towards a degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography aka Ultrasound Technician.. but now I'm leaning towards Surgical Tech.. I think it'd be cooler.

I've been going to free movie screenings. That's really been fun. I love free stuff AND movies. Conviction starring Hilary Swank was pretty good. I liked it. Tonight I saw Morning Glory starring Rachel McAdams. It was a cheesy chick flick, not my cup o' tea. But it wasn't bad. Next week I get to see 127 hours starring James Franco. I'm excited about it.

There's still a lot of family drama surrounding my Grandma and her situation.. We're trying to get her into an assisted living facility. For those of you who need a reminder, she was given the wrong pills in her previous nursing home and almost died. We're working on a lawsuit and she's in a different nursing home currently. The family drama is really taking a toll on me. I wish I could fix it with the snap of my fingers. I wish it would go back to the way it was, actually better. The Holidays are coming up and its not going to be the same. It makes me sad.

I've made some new friends and reconnected with old friends and its been really good to me. Its helped me out a lot. I've been going out to new restaurants with them to try new things. We went to the Greenhouse Effect in SLC and they have delicious crepes but not so good coffee. Their service also sucks. We also went to Himalayan Kitchen downtown SLC and it was the best Indian food I've ever had. I need to go back there already. Its delectable.

I've been to a lot of concerts this year.. And I'm not finished yet.. I've lost count. Oh, and sports. Lakers are 7-0, still undefeated! 3 Peat. Raiders are doing better than they have in a long time. I'm proud of my Raiders license plate. haha.

I guess that's it for now. I don't know when I'll blog again. If ever. Follow me on twitter or facebook. :)

"A real friend is one who walks in when others walk out."

3 comments:

The Kims said...

I'm sorry about your grandma, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Things will turn out. We need to get together again, it was so good to see you at the shower!

Sarah Carr said...

I'm glad you listened to me! I'm glad you blogged, even if a part of it was about the Lakers. If you are ever in the Bay area to see the Raiders, you can come stay at my house.

Keri said...

It's good to have you back blogging my daughter. Love you!
I wish I had more to say on my blog too and felt like I could lay it all out for everyone to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Translate me!